Tri States Half
December 7, 2013
Busing to start from and event parking at Holiday Inn Express, 1030 W Pioneer Blvd in Mesquite, NV. Finish line is Virgin Valley High School, 820 Valley View Drive in Mesquite.
Friday 5pm-8pm and Saturday 5:30am-6:30am at the Holiday Inn Express in Mesquite, NV
Please do your best to pick up Friday night.
Please click here to find your bib #.
Half Marathon Start Time
7:45 am: Buses depart
8:30 am: Race starts
The Half Marathon route has you run in two states, AZ and NV. It’s a one-way course starting in Arizona. While it’s mostly downhill, you will encounter a few rollers (some fairly steep) as you race towards the Nevada border. Your finish line is Virgin Valley High School in Mesquite. 12.1 miles. 2 States. 1 extraordinary day!
Half Marathon Entry Fees*
$70 until 7/15
$75 from 7/16-11/29
* 25% discount to the first 20 runners who recruit a friend or family member to help at the race. Please see details under the Volunteer tab above.
- This race is held on an open road, which will be patrolled by AZ police. Runners must run facing traffic, as far to the left as possible, single file when safety requires
- Parking and busing to start line from Holiday Inn Exjpress , and from the finish line back to the Holiday Inn Express
- Aid stations every 2-3 miles (subject to availability of roadside pullouts where an aid station may be safely placed complete off the road), stocked with a fun variety of snacks and goodies
- Hammer Nutrition HEED at every other aid station; and Hammer Gel at several aid stations
- Great variety of snacks at the finish line including chocolate milk
- High tech disposable Jaguar Chip Timing provided by Race Day Timing
- All participants who sign up before November 6th are guaranteed to receive a tech shirt
- Live DJ announcing your finish and playing music for a fun party atmosphere
- Finisher medals guaranteed to everyone who signs up before November 6th
- Awards to the top overall male and female and top male and female finisher in each age division in the Marathon and Half Marathon
- A portion of every entry fee will be donated to charity. Learn more about our charitable causes.
There is no parking at any of the start lines. All runners MUST take buses or have someone drop them off at the start. Buses will leave from the Holiday Inn Express. Expected boarding times: Marathon – 6:00am; Half Marathon – 7:45am. Any required changes will be posted here and at packet pickup. Buses will rotate between the finish line and Holiday Inn Express every half hour, or as they fill.
Chip Timing & Results
Timing will be provided by Race Day Timing. Your race bib will have a disposable timing chip attached to it. Please leave the chip on the bib. You must wear your bib pinned to the front of your shirt and on your outermost layer of clothing so it’s visible.
Contingent upon the availability of WiFi, preliminary results will be posted online in real-time. Please note: Based on USATF guidelines, overall results are based on “gun time,” meaning the actual race start time, not the time you ran past the start line. Age group results are based on “chip time,” meaning the actual time your chip registered at the start line. If you’re an elite runner and have expectations of winning or placing overall, please make sure you’re at the front of the pack at the start!
You may drop clothing in designated areas at the start lines. Although we make every effort to get your personal belongings back to you safely, Planet Ultra is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Under 24, 25-29, 30-34,35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50+, 60+ for both men’s and women’s