Tri States 5K
November 8, 2014
Event parking and busing to start from Holiday Inn Express, 1030 W Pioneer Blvd in Mesquite, NV. Finish line is Virgin Valley High School, 820 Valley View Dr in Mesquite.
Friday 5pm-8pm and Saturday 5:30am-6:30am at the Holiday Inn Express in Mesquite, NV
Please do your best to pick up Friday night.
Bib number assignments will be posted a few days before the race.
5K Start Time
7:45 am: Bus departs
8:15 am: Race starts
The 5K route has you run in two states, AZ and NV. It’s a one-way course starting in Arizona. While you start on a little climb, and you will encounter a few rollers (some fairly steep) as you race towards the Nevada border, it’s mostly downhill. Your finish line is Virgin Valley High School in Mesquite. 3.1 miles. 2 States. 1 extraordinary day!
5K Entry Fees*
$40 until 7/15
$45 from 7/16-11/01
Entry fees are non-refundable. However, if you must withdraw from a race (due to an emergency or other unforeseen circumstances) please see our Cancellations and Transfers page.
* 25% discount to the first 20 runners who recruit a friend or family member to help at the race. Please see details under the Volunteer tab above.
- This race is held on an open road, which will be patrolled by AZ police. Runners must run facing traffic, as far to the left as possible, single file when safety requires
- Parking and busing to start line from Holiday Inn Express with shuttles back to the hotel after the race.
- Great variety of snacks at the finish line including chocolate milk
- High tech disposable Jaguar Chip Timing provided by Race Day Timing
- All participants who sign up before October 1st are guaranteed to receive a tech shirt
- Live DJ announcing your finish and playing music for a fun party atmosphere
- Awards to the top overall male and female winners
- A portion of every entry fee will be donated to charity. Learn more about our charitable causes.
There is no parking at any of the start lines. You may either be dropped off or take the bus to the start. Buses will leave from the Holiday Inn Express. Expected boarding time – 7:45am. Any required changes will be posted here and at packet pickup. Buses will rotate between the finish line and Holiday Inn Express every half hour (or as they fill).
Chip Timing & Results
Timing will be provided by Race Day Timing. Your race bib will have a disposable timing chip attached to it. Please leave the chip on the bib. You must wear your bib pinned to the front of your shirt and on your outermost layer of clothing so it’s visible.
Contingent upon the availability of WiFi, preliminary results will be posted online in real-time. Please note: Based on USATF guidelines, overall results are based on “gun time,” meaning the actual race start time, not the time you ran past the start line. Age group results are based on “chip time,” meaning the actual time your chip registered at the start line. If you’re an elite runner and have expectations of winning or placing overall, please make sure you’re at the front of the pack at the start!