JANUARY 6, 2018
Bib assignments will be posted a few days before the race.
Half Marathon: 7 am
Entry Fees – LIMITED TO 350 RUNNERS!
$125 until 10/31; then $140 until race day or sold out. Entry does not include Death Valley National Park entrance fee which you must pay at the Visitor Center to get a tag for your vehicle.
* Prior to signing up, if you know you can recruit someone to help at an aid station, please email us and we’ll give you a coupon code for an instant 25% discount.
Entry fees are non-refundable. However, if you must withdraw from a race (due to an emergency or other unforeseen circumstances) please see our Cancellations and Transfers page.
18 and under, 19-29, 30-39,40-49, 50-59, 60+ for both men’s and women’s.
- Aid stations approximately every other mile beginning at mile 2, stocked with a fun variety of snacks and goodies
- Finisher medal
- Partially closed course (Mustard Canyon Rd will be closed to traffic)
- Great variety of snacks at the finish line including chocolate milk
- High tech disposable chip timing provided by Race Day Timing
- Race tech tee or other souvenir for all participants who sign up before December 8th
- Fun party atmosphere with music at the finish line
- 4 hour time limit
- Awards to the overall male and female winner and top male and female finisher in each age division in the Half Marathon.
- A portion of every entry fee will be donated to Death Valley Natural History Association.
Chip Timing & Results
Timing will be provided by Race Day Timing. Your race bib has a disposable timing chip attached to the back. Please don’t remove the chip. You must wear your bib pinned to the front of your shirt, on your outermost layer of clothing so it’s visible.
If WiFi is available at the start/finish, results will post LIVE; otherwise they’ll be online within a couple hours of race completion. We thank you in advance for your patience. Please note: Based on USATF guidelines, overall results are based on “gun time,” meaning the actual race start time, not the time you ran past the start line. Age group results are based on “chip time,” meaning the actual time your chip registered at the start line. If you’re an elite runner and have expectations of winning or placing overall, please make sure you’re at the front of the pack at the start!
You may leave clothing in the designated area at the start line; however, we encourage you to leave valuables in your locked car. Planet Ultra is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Both the 10K and the Half are out-and-back courses through Mustard Canyon. Mustard Canyon is unpaved most of the way and will be closed to traffic for at least the first 3 hours of the race.
Recent Facebook Posts
The most scenic and challenging half marathon, 10K and 5K in the southwest. Just 1 hour from Las Vegas! Limited to 300 runners! Sign up today!
For those joining us in January for our NEW Death Valley Half Marathon & 10K, here are some tips from the National Park Service about other things..
It is HOT enough for you? Happy Summertime everyone! To celebrate, though June 21st at midnight, take 15% off your Valley of Fire Half Marathon,..
Good thing our race is in January… 😉