OCTOBER 26, 2019
Oasis at Furnace Creek (start location on property TBA).
To make reservations and take advantage of our discounted rate of $189 per night (plus taxes/resort fees), call (760) 786-2345 and ask for Reservations and Booking # 852221. Rate and group block expire 30 days before the race. Less than 30 days before the race, reservations can continue to be made based on availability and at prevailing rates.
Death Valley National Park, California
Friday 7-8:30pm and Saturday 6-6:50am
Bib assignments will be posted a few days before the race.
Half Marathon: 7am
Entry Fees – LIMITED TO 350 RUNNERS!
$125 until August 15th; then $140 until October 23rd or sold out.
Entry does not include Death Valley National Park entrance fee which you must pay at the Visitor Center to get a tag for your vehicle.
* Prior to signing up, if you know you can recruit someone to help at an aid station, please email us and we’ll give you a coupon code for an instant 25% discount.
Entry fees are non-refundable. However, if you must withdraw from a race (due to an emergency or other unforeseen circumstances) please see our Cancellations and Transfers page.
18 and under, 19-29, 30-39,40-49, 50-59, 60+ for both men’s and women’s.
- Aid stations approximately every three miles, stocked with a fun variety of snacks and goodies
- Finisher medal
- Partially closed course (Mustard Canyon Rd will be closed to traffic)
- Great variety of snacks at the finish line including chocolate milk
- High tech disposable chip timing provided by Race Day Timing
- Race tech tee or other souvenir for all participants who sign up at least a month in advance
- Fun party atmosphere with music at the finish line
- 4 hour time limit
- Awards to the overall male and female winner and to age group awards in each division with at least 5 participants.
- A portion of every entry fee will be donated to Death Valley Natural History Association.
Chip Timing & Results
Timing will be provided by Race Day Timing. Your race bib has a disposable timing chip attached to the back. Please don’t remove the chip. You must wear your bib pinned to the front of your shirt, on your outermost layer of clothing so it’s visible.
If WiFi is available at the start/finish, results will post LIVE; otherwise they’ll be online within a couple hours of race completion. We thank you in advance for your patience. Please note: Based on USATF guidelines, overall results are based on “gun time,” meaning the actual race start time, not the time you ran past the start line. Age group results are based on “chip time,” meaning the actual time your chip registered at the start line. If you’re an elite runner and have expectations of winning or placing overall, please make sure you’re at the front of the pack at the start!
You may leave clothing in the designated area at the start line; however, we encourage you to leave valuables in your locked car. Planet Ultra is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Both the 10K and the Half are out-and-back courses through Mustard Canyon. Mustard Canyon is unpaved most of the way and will be closed to traffic for at least the first 3 hours of the race.
Recent Facebook Posts
Planet Ultra News hitting your inboxes now! If you’re not a subscriber, you can read it here: https://mailchi.mp/planetultra/planet-ultra-news-spring-and-summer-cycling
As athletes one of our goals should always be to lift others up too!
To celebrate all of our inspiring, awesome, bad-ass, hard-core runner Moms, today through Sunday, Moms take 10% of our Death Valley Half Marathon..
After you’ve run our Half Marathon or 10K in Death Valley, take a drive up to Father Crowley’s lookout (sometimes known as Star Wars Canyon)…