Cancellations & Transfers
After we’ve processed your registration (or the 20 minutes have gone by for YOU to cancel your online registration), entry fees are non-refundable and we cannot transfer your registration to another event or defer your entry to next year.
However, you may purchase during registration event insurance for a small premium amounting to 7.5% of your registration fees. The insurance will reimburse 100% of your entry fee if you’re unable to attend the event due to the following situations:
1. Illness or Serious Injury, or if a family member is hospitalized or requires care by the participant;
2. Employer Termination: If employed by the same employer for one continuous year and the participant is laid off;
3. Required to Work: If you’re unexpectedly required to work during the time you were planning to attend the event;
4. Traffic Accidents: If you’re directly involved in a traffic accident and unable to get to the event;
5. Mechanical Breakdown: If the participant’s car breaks down no more than 24 hours before the event;
6. Airline Delay: If the participant’s plane or other carrier is delayed (includes bad weather) while going to the event;
7. Home Issues: If the participant’s home is uninhabitable due to fire, flood, vandalism, burglary or natural disasters;
8. Jury Duty: If the participant is required to serve on jury duty on the day of the event;
9. Military Duty: If the participant is required to miss an event as a result of military orders.
More details about the coverage here.
Because the cost of insurance is so small, and our fixed costs related to planning and preparing for the race are so large, we will no longer offer any rollovers or credits. PLEASE purchase the event insurance. It is a very small cost compared to the overall expenses of attending a weekend event.
Recent Facebook Posts
Running in Death Valley is a truly unique and inspiring experience. Join us October 26th for a half marathon or 10k and then spend the weekend..
Death Valley is actually very much alive. Check out this extraordinary Nat Geo documentary and then join us to run in the lowest point in the..
Why we host our superb Death Valley Half Marathon in late October. http://runplanetultra.com/death-valley/
July 4th only: Take 10% off your entry to our October 26th Death Valley Half Marathon or 10K with coupon Independence. Come run below sea level..